Re: ANDREOLA surname PERANO / ANDRIOLA family Newark NJ

Italian Heritage Forums: Province of Chieti

Posted by Doug Andriole on October 25, 2008 at 00:40:11:

In Reply to: Re: ANDREOLA surname PERANO / ANDRIOLA family Newark NJ posted by Kimberly on August 09, 2008 at 06:24:27:

Kimberly,
My great grandparents (Domenico Andreola and Filomina Spinelli) were born and married in Perano. I thought my grandfather was born there as well, but when I was there in 2005 there was no record of him in church or civil records. I did meet a cousin (we share a 3rd and 4th great grandfather) and had a great time. It is a very small town (with an old city area, plus what has been built up surrounding the old city) and not many speak English. We think the family name changed from Andriola to Andreola sometime in the late 19th century.....don't know why. We have seen the name spelled both ways in old records I have seen...
I don't know for sure whether your family came from Perano, but if ther are Abruzzesse there is a chance thay are from Perano.......

Regards,
Doug

P.S. E-mail me if you like and maybe we can chat on the phone.......

Follow Ups

Post a Followup

Subject : Re: ANDREOLA surname PERANO / ANDRIOLA family Newark NJ
Comments:
If you like, clicking on "Preview Message" you can check your message before you post it. Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".