Iocco Family Project

Posted by Robert Iocco on October 21, 2009 at 22:57:36:

I am starting a project to document every Iocco that emigrated from Italy to the US. My hope is that I can trace to common ancestors or families in Italy. I have already gathered much information and would enjoy helping others make connections to their ancestry as well as receive help with my project.

Part of this project includes a DNA group started on at under the group name Iocco.

Some personal background, I live in the US and my grandfather Antonio Iocco was born in Cupello in 1899 and moved to the US in 1920. His father Giuseppe Iocco was born in Orsonga in 1873 and moved to Cupello in 1894 where he married Maria Dominica Odio. His father was Antonio Iocco born in Orsogna and I guess about 1850 ish and he was married to Serafina DeGitolano. My grandfather Antonio was a laborer and died in a construction accident in New York in 1939. My great grandfather, Giuseppe was a farmer and died in about 1919 from a plague after WWI. I don't have any information on Antonio and Serafina.

Please contact me with any information, stories or questions about any branch of the Iocco family.

Bob Iocco

Follow Ups

Post a Followup

Subject : Re: Iocco Family Project
With "Preview" you can see and, in case, edit your message before you "Post" it.