Chiarilli, D'Agostino, Contestabile familes in Ortucchio

Italian Genealogy Forums: Province of L'Aquila

Posted by Mary Carey on March 05, 2011 at 16:54:00:

My grandfather, Pietro Chiarilli, came through Ellis Island around 1900. He was born in 1866 in Ortucchio Italy to Pasquale Chiarilli and Filomena Contestabile. He married Justine D'Agostino. Some children were born in Italy but my father was born in Watkins Glen, NY and the family settled in Watkins Glen, NY. Pietro also had a brother, Pasquale that settled in the Geneva, NY area. The family name was changed from Chiarilli to Carey. My name is Frank Carey and I live in Montour Falls, NY. In my research on Ortucchio Italy I see that there are Chiarilli families still residing there(as well as D'Agostino and Contestabile). I have no other information than my grandfather's birth certificate and the information found at the Ellis Island web site. I am interested in locating family in both the United States and Italy. I have never been to Italy and would like to travel to Ortucchio Italy in the future. Any formation you have on the Chiarilli family would be appreciated. Information on D'Agostino and Contestabile would also be appreciated if you are familiar with those names.

Frank Carey

4566 Frost Hill Rd.

Montour Falls, NY 14865-9735

607-594-2879

Follow Ups

Post a Followup

Subject : Re: Chiarilli, D'Agostino, Contestabile familes in Ortucchio
Comments:
If you like, clicking on "Preview Message" you can check your message before you post it. Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".