Searching for Nicola de Donate, ca. 1630

Posted by Jordi Mestres on November 24, 2011 at 16:16:38:

Dear All,

I am new to this forum and I am quite excited to have
found it. While doing a genealogy investigation on the ancestors of my wife, I ended up finding that one of her ancestors was Italian and in particular may have been born in Canzano of what was at the time the Kingdom of Naples. His name was Nicola de Donate and married Tecla Zeta in Tarragona (Catalonia) in 1655. He was most likely there as part of the spanish-italian army that fought against the catalan-french army between 1640 and 1655. Interestingly, the war ended in 1655, the year of this marriage.

In the document of marriage it says that the name of his father is Pietro Donate (interestingly, no "de Donate") and Maria. Also mention that his child was baptised as Antoni Donato Zeta, not "de Donate" or "Donate" or "di Donato", so it may well be that the actual name was "Donato". He died in Tarragona in 1704.

I'd be indebted to anyone in the forum that could shed some light on tracing the origins of "Nicola de Donate" (or "Nicola di Donato" or "Nicola Donate" or "Nicola Donato") born in Canzano around 1620-1630 and son of Pietro and Maria.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards. Ciao.

Jordi

Follow Ups

Post a Followup

Subject : Re: Searching for Nicola de Donate, ca. 1630
Comments:
With "Preview" you can see and, in case, edit your message before you "Post" it.