Licci Family Teramo Abruzzo from Poggioreale Sicily

Italian Heritage Forums

Posted by Amanda Licce on August 17, 2013 at 22:42:00:

I am looking for FAMILIA of Biagio Licci. If anyone is related to or thinks possibly that they could be kin to the Licci family originally from Poggioreale area in Sicily, please contact me at: amanda.licce@gmail.com Our grandfather Biagio came to America via Palermo to New Orleans, Louisiana with his foster sister Mary Scardino Pennrone who also relocated to Mudville, Texas via Port of New Orleans in May of 1891.

His father was one of the Dukes of Lampedusa(?)...Francesco Paolo Tomasi or Campese / Campisi (unsure of exact spelling), and his mother Sara or Dora was a maid from the area. They were unable to marry and raise Biago due to their separation of status, and he was turned over to an Order of Nuns at unknown Orphanage, then raised by the family of Paul and Gussie Scardino. They had a boy thtat died, Mary and Paul Scardino (that we know of).

I have his baptismal certficate (dated Nov. 6, 1869) from the Cappuccin Church, and God Father listed was Don Paolo Apicella, son of Vincenzo (Apicella) and Dona Anna Salvaggio; and God mother was Giacoma Ricca, daughter of Leonardo (Ricca) and Guiseppe Zummo.

Any information about the Scardino family, Licci Family, or Tomasi Family would be AMAZING!

Thank you for reading our story :-)
-Amanda Licce (Licci)

Follow Ups

Post a Followup

Subject : Re: Licci Family Teramo Abruzzo from Poggioreale Sicily
Comments:
If you like, clicking on "Preview Message" you can check your message before you post it. Your message is not finalized until you click "Post Message".