Re: Smilari, Buccolo, Blumetti from San Paolo Albanese

Posted by Jeanette Blumetti Lynn on 10/26/03 at 1:13 AM

Subject:   Re: Smilari, Buccolo, Blumetti from San Paolo Albanese

In Reply to: Smilari, Buccolo, Blumetti from San Paolo Albanese posted by Lynne Randall on 09/16/03 at 11:25 AM:

I have seen some records, but would like would like to know the relationship between several Smilari surnamed persons who married Blumetti relatives of mine.

My great grandfather, Annbale Blumetti, was married to Caterina Smilari. After her death he married Serafina Smilari. My grandfather, Francisco Blumetti, however, was Annibale's illegitimate son, born of a Rose Blumetti. I assume that they, Rose and Annibale, were of a distant relation. Annibale's siblings also married Smilari surnamed individuals. His brother - my great uncle - Pietro Agostino Blumetti married Maria Isabella Smilari. His sister, Elena Blumetti, married a Francesco Smilari.

So, three Blumetti siblings married four persons named Smilari. I do not know what relationship may have existed between Isabelle, Elena, Serafina and Catherina. These marriages took place between 1881 and 1893.(Annibale did not marry my grandfather's mother, Rose Blumetti. As there were so many Blumetti's I do not know if they were distantly related or not.)

My great great grandparents were Maria Buccolo and Constantino Blumetti. I am very interested in all information about these families of San Paolo Albanese. I would like to know the ownership of both Palazzo Smilari and Palazzo Blumetti which I have seen pictures of on the web sites. I would also like to know for whom the Palazzo Blumetti was named and who owned and operated the Blumetti Flour Mill.

Follow Ups

Post a Followup

Comments:
With "Preview" you can see and, in case, edit your message before you "Post" it.