Re: Scattone families from Anzi

Posted by Ernest Scatton on 11/27/03 at 9:23 AM

In Reply to: Re: Scattone families from Anzi posted by Nancy Glover on 11/26/03 at 7:13 PM:

Dear Nancy, Thank you very much for your note. That is very interesting. Particularly because there is a Paolicchio Scattone attested in Anzi in 1807. Have you seen the Anzi web page? Towards the bottom of the home page there is a short history of the town, which mentions him. And there is a larger history of the area that mentions him several times. You can find it, if you haven't already, by doing a google search on "Paolicchio Scattone." The history pops right up. Both of these are based on a history of Anzi written in 1876 by someone named Francesco Rossi. I got a copy of it on interlibrary loan and have copied it for myself. I'd be happy to send you a copy if you would like it...it's in Italian. Have you tried the Family History Center of the Church of the Latter Day Saints?

Do you know anything about possible relations living in Northeast Pennsylvania? That's were we're from. There seem to have been three families of Scattones (eventually Scatton) who settled there in end of 19th century. We had no idea that there were any others around, and in fact, some of the folks in Pa, Hazleton is the town, weren't even certain they were related, but they clearly are.

Do you live Chicago? Anyway, have a happy thanksgiving and I look forward to hearing more from you.

All the best,
Ernest Scatton

Follow Ups

Post a Followup

Comments:
With "Preview" you can see and, in case, edit your message before you "Post" it.