Fucci, Cirigliano, Calabrese of Noepoli

Posted by Elizabeth Lee on October 30, 2004 at 15:11:04:

I am looking for information about my great-grandfather's family. I recently found that they came from Noepoli, Italy. My great-grandfather was Domenic Fuccy. This may have been an American spelling the last name was really Fucci. He had a sister named Mary, who married Pasquale Cirigliano and they had a son, Frank. Frank Cirigliano married Anna Calabrese, from Noepoli. Frank and Anna lived most of their lives in Weston, West Virginia USA as did my great-grandfather, Domenic. Domenic had a brother Joseph and may have had a brother Sullivan. I would appreciate any information about the Fucci family of Noepoli, Italy.

Update from Forums' Editor

From records made available online at familysearch.org and the civil records online at antenati.san.beniculturali.it/:
  • Noepoli was called Noja until 1863. Records are under Noepoli AND Noia. Some dates may help, there are several Fucci families in the records 1860-1865, The marriage of the parents of Domenico, Giuseppe and Maria Fucci can be available in the records online.
  • United States Census, 1930 West Virginia Lewis Weston ED 9: Dominic Fucci 63, married at 21, imm. 1889; in 1940 census age is 72. birth 1867-1868

Follow Ups

Post a Followup

Subject: Re: Fucci, Cirigliano, Calabrese of Noepoli
Comments:
With "Preview" you can see and, in case, edit your message before you "Post" it.