Santoro family from Ruoti
Hi. My grandpa's name was Daniel (Donato) Santoro. He had a brother named Vitantonio, and a sister named Giuseppina (Josephine). Vitantonio had three kids: Louis, Anna Marie (called Mary), and Antoinette (called Annette). I would like to have a photo of Vitantonio for my family history book. There used to be one on the monument at the cemetery in Hillside but it is no longer there. Can anyone help me? Vitantonio's kids changed their name to Santore. Thanks for any help.
Also, does anyone out there have any information about the Luigi and Anna Maria Santoro family from Ruoti? Would love to know the mothers' names. Thanks for any help.
Update from Forums' Editor
- Immigration manifest [(Ellis Island), 1892-1924 Roll 2217, vol 5053-5054, 8 Nov 1913] - Santoro Anna (40) leaves in Italy mother Filomena; with son Donato 14 and Giuseppina 9; directed to husband Santoro Luigi in Chicago - all born in Ruoti.
- Immigration manifest [May 7th, 1912]: Luigi Santoro 44 born in Ruoti, directed to son Vitantonio, wife Anna Maria in Italy
- Immigration manifest [ Roll 587, vol 1233-1235, 8 Jun 1905] Luigi Santoro from Ruoti, 38, directed to brother in law Andreassi Domenico
- Santoro Giuseppina b Ruoti 25 Sep 1904; Luigi Santoro death 23 Dec 1935, born Ruoti 01 Oct 1867, parents Francesco, Vincenza.
- Santoro Maria Luigia of Francesco, Sileo Maria Giuseppa 23 sept 1862 no. 114; 27 febr 1861 Santoro Vincenzo of Francesco, Buciacchio Rosaria no. 22;
- Santoro marriages 1860-1865: 1862 Santoro Francesco of late Gerardo, Gentileschi Giovanna with Di Carlo Capone Maria Giuseppa no. 10; 1861 Santoro Francesco of Donato, Solinardi Giovanna with Sileo Maria Giuseppa of Domenico, Solinardi Angela no. 3