Pietropinto's/Dondiegos of San Fele, PZ
can anyone help me with tracing back my lineage from San Fele? I know my great great grandfather Francesco Pietropinto was the town clerk in the 1880's and my other great great grandfather (Vito Dondiego) may have been a saddlemaker. Does anyone know if these families were landowners and how they came to San Fele? I know there is a Prince Dondiego from Francavilla and that the area was raided by Turks. Could they have escaped and ended up in San Fele?
Any help would be great! Thanks.
Update from Forums' Editor
- The prince mentioned had Diego as Christian name, "Diego Hurtado de Mendoza Principe di Mileto e Duca di Francavilla". The Dondiego surname is rare in Italy and has a very possible Spanish etymology.
- Death record 16 May 1910 Manhattan, New York, of Francesco Pietropinto, 72, parents Frank, Maddalena Maraffluo
- Birth record San Fele 5 Dec 1837 no. 344 img 346, Pietropaolo Francesco of Vincenzo 26 shoemaker, Lanza Rosa 26
- Birth record San Fele 21 Dec 1837 no. 355 img 357, Pietropaolo Giuseppe of Vincenzo 28, carriage driver, Marrafino Maddalena 20
- Birth record San Fele 24 Sept 1860 no.287 img 145: Vito Michele Dondiego of Antonio 40, Lucia Pellegrino 30
Some cues in San Fele, dates are necessary to connect to one of the several Dondiego families, fewer Pietropinto appear: