LaCamera-Bonfantino in Noepoli
Posted by E.McDonald on March 22, 2005 at 23:08:14:
My grandfather Domenico LaCamera married Rosa Bonfantino in Noepoli in 1908. Came to Fairmount WV in 1909. Looking for his and her parents and dates. Fathers Nicola LaCamera, Domenico Bonfantino; mothers Anna Rosa Carlomagno, Teresa Fucci, all from Noepoli. Any help appreciated.
Update from Forums' Editor
From records made available online at familysearch.org and the civil records online at antenati.san.beniculturali.it/:
- United States Census, 1920 New York New York Manhattan Assembly District 18 ED 1303 (18 Jan): Dominick Lacamera 34 imm. 1909 shoemaker; Rosina 28, children Nick, Mike, Joe, John; brother in law John Bonfantino 23 imm. 1911
- [West Virginia Naturalization Records, 1814-1991 Marion Naturalization Records, 1925-1927, v. 11] John Bonfantino 6 Aug 1924 - born in Noepoli 27 Sept 1896
- Immigration manifest [June 11th, 1901 ship Monserrat] Lacamera Giuseppa 25 from Noepoli directed to husband Calabrese Giov.
- Immigration manifest [May 1st, 1899 ship Bolivia] Lacamera Giuseppe 23? from Noepoli directed to brother in law Michele Romano
- Immigration manifest [April 2nd, 1898 ship California] Michele Romano 23 shoemaker from Noepoli directed to brother Giuseppe; Lacamera Maria 16 directed to uncle? Carlomagno Maria
- Noepoli was called Noja in older records. Lacamera appears very rarely in records: 16 Jan 1861 Lacamera Giuseppe Antonio 24 of Vincenzo and Mariantonia Rubolino with Rinaldi Isabella 26; marriage 15 March 1860 no. 5 La Camera Vincenzo of Giuseppantonio, Rinaldi Isabella 24 of Antonio, Giovanna Cafaro; birth record La Camera Vincenzo 18 Aug 1836 of Giuseppantonio La Camera of Nicola, 36 and Mariantonia Rubolino 37
- Records 1860-1865; birth 26 Sept 1962, no. 47, img 23 Domenico Bonfantino of Giovanni 25 and Rosa Calabrese 26; marriage 9 May 1861 Bonfantino Giammaria of Domenico with Maria Rosa Calabrese (possible grandparents of Rosa Bonfantino); 27 Nov 1862 Bonfantino Francescantonio of Domenico and Francesca De Salvo with Fucci Maria Maddalena of Salvatore.