Antonio of Angelo Lanzetta from Bella
I am researching my great grandfather Antonio Lanzetta who was born in 1886 in Bella Potenza and my great great grandfather Angelo Lanzetta who was native to Bari(?). Angelo was a pyrotechnician and godfather to the modern day Grucci fireworks. Antonio may be an adopted son to Angelo from a previous marriage of his wife's. I am looking for information regarding the Lanzetta's of the Potenza region as they relate to my grandfathers. Any help would be much appreciated.
Update from Forums' Editor
- [New York, County Naturalization Records, 1791-1980 New York Declarations of intention 1907 vol 5, no 2001-2500] Antonio Lanzetta carpenter born in Bella 7 August 1887, arrival in NY 20 June 1902
- United States Census, 1920 New York Suffolk Patchogue ED 98 (dated 7 Jan): Angelo Lanzetta 75 imm 1880
- 25 Jan 1840: Lanzetta Domenico Raffaele of Antonio, Teresa Finamore
- 28 Dec 1841: Lanzetta Vito Antonio Pasquale of Antonio, Rosa...
- 30 Apr 1841: Lanzetta Carmine Benedetto of of Pasquale, Caterina Ferrone
- 22 Jan 1842: Lanzetta Rosa Maria Raffaela of Antonio, Teresa Finamore
- (Jan to Apr) 1842: Lanzetta Eleonora of Pasquale, Emanuela Bruno
- 20 Mar 1844: Lanzetta Maria Pasquale of Giuseppe Antonio 26, Rosa...
- 12 May 1844: Lanzetta Gerardo of Pasquale 33, Caterina Perrone 31
- 18 Dec 1847: Lanzetta Maria of Pasquale 27, Angiola Gerardi 26
- 19 Feb 1848: Lanzetta Gerardo of Pasquale of Giuseppe Antonio 30, Emanuela Bruno 32
- 5 Jun 1848: Lanzetta Domenico Pasquale of Antonio of Francesco, 33 tailor, Teresa Finamore 30
- 11 Jun 1848: Lanzetta Michele of Pasquale 33, Caterina Ferrone
- 2 Aug 1851: Lanzetta Rocco of Pasquale, Caterina Ferraro
- 8 Mar 1852: Lanzetta Angiola of Antonio, Teresa Finamore
- 16 July 1858: Lanzetta Carmine of Antonio, 46 tailor, Teresa Finamore 40
- 8 May 1859: Lanzetta Maria of Antonio 30, Caterina Santoro
- 18 Dec 1859: Lanzetta Giuseppe Antonio of Pasquale, Emanuela Bruso (in the "supplemento", not online)
Lanzetta appears in the Civil records of Bella, some years are without indexes (1860, 1845 etc); years before 1840 are indexed by first name.
From an interview to Phil Grucci "Angelo Lanzetta, my 2nd great grandfather... was born in Bari, Italy and immigrated to the USA in 1880 with his son, Anthony Lanzetta."
However, no births for any Lanzetta are recorded in Bari 1849-1850-1851.