Chiocchi - Dell'Aquila family of Avellino
My father's mother and father were both born in Valle Hamlet in Avellino. My father's father was named Antonio Gerardo Chiocchi born 1885, his father and mother were named Domenico Chiocchi (I believe he was born 1848) and Teresa Sessa. My father's mother was named Pellegrina Dell'Aquila and her father and mother were named Pellegrino Dell'Aquila and Luisa Matarassa. Any information about my family would be appreciated.
Also, I was in Avellino a few weeks ago and went for a drive in Mercogliano and got lost. I stopped to check on a map to see where I was and when I looked up to get the name of the street I noticed a sign which read "Contrada Chiocchi". I understand that this means that the section of town is named "Chiocchi" but if anyone has any other information about "Contrada Chiocchi" I would also love to know.
Update from Forums' Editor
- New York City Marriage Records, 1829-1940: Jun 1910: Antonio Chiocchi 23 of Domenico, Teresa Sesso; with Pellegrina Dell'Aquila 22
- United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918: Anthony Chiocchi born 15 May 1885 imm 1904
- United States Census, 1930 New York New York Manhattan (Districts 0751-1000) ED 946: Anthonio Chiocchi 45 marr at 23 imm 1905; Pellegrina 44 marr at 22 imm.1910
- Immigration manifest [May 31st, 1910] Dell'Aquila Pellegrina, 22; contact in Italy mother Luisa; directed to bridegroom Chiocchi Antonio; born in Avellino
- Birth record Avellino 17 May 1885 no.337: Chiocchi Antonio of Domenico, 37, mason, and Teresa Sessa: address Villaggio Valle
- Birth record Avellino 8 Aug 1885 no.547 img 196: (a brother of Pellegrina) Ciro dell'Aquila of Pellegrino 29, vetraro, and Matarazzo Luisa; address Corso Vittorio Emanuele; signature of father.
- Marriage record Avellino 6 Dec 1883 no.189 img : Dell'Aquila Pellegrino, 27, born in Avellino of late Luigi and Santaniello Vittoria; Matarazzo Luisa 27, born in Avellino of late Aniello, Martucci Rosa.