Ferullo from Salza Irpina

Posted by Patricia Ferullo Halperin on March 27, 2014 at 17:43:58:

I believe that my ancestors descended from Michelangelo Ferullo born in 1869 in Salsa Irpina. Giuseppe Ferullo was his father, though another source says his father may have been named Nicola Ferullo.

Does anyone know anything about these people? Are there descendants of these Ferullos still in the area? In a couple of years I hope to visit Avellino and then travel to Salsa Irpina, Teora, and/or Chiusano di San Domenico. These are areas where my ancestors came from. If possible, I would like to meet some distant relatives!
Patricia (Patrizia) Ferullo Halperin

Update from Forums' Editor

From records available online at familysearch.org and civil records at antenati.san.beniculturali.it:
  • There does not seem to be a birth record in Salza for Michelangelo Ferullo in the period 1866-1875; the "nearest" is an Angelo Raffaele b. 9 Nov 1871 of Giuseppe of late Antonio and Angela D'Andrea
  • *possible* United States Census, 1910 Massachusetts Suffolk Boston Ward 6 ED 1335: Michele Ferullo 40 imm 1891; Adelaide (Bagnolo) Ferullo 39 imm 1891; children all born in Mass. Raffaele 18; Ernesto 17; Amabile 15; Maria 14; Luigi 8; Adelina 4; Michele 1

Follow Ups

Post a Followup

Subject: Re: Ferullo from Salza Irpina
Comments:
With "Preview" you can see and, in case, edit your message before you "Post" it.