Ottati and Via P. Aquaro, Via B. Deodati

Posted by Steve Smith on March 08, 2005 at 19:12:54:

My wife and I are celebrating our 25 anniversary and will visit Italy for the first time. We are planning to visit Ottati and Castelchivita. Ottati is where my grandfather Beniamino Aquaro-Deodati (an eye surgeon) and his brother Pasquale Aquaro (a pharmacist) were born. Deodati was my great-grandmother's name and he wanted to keep it alive. My Mom, Bianca, was born on a visit to Castelchivita in 1921 on one of my grandfather's visits. The brothers left for New York, and settled in Brooklyn where I live, in the early 1900s. We think that Via P. Aquaro and possibly Via B. Deodati were named after them for fundrasing work they did for the town after World War II. They had a sister Maria (?) who married into the Zonzi family.

Does anyone know the history of those two streets? How long (and difficult) a drive will it be to go from Naples to Ottati and Castelchivita? We are planning to travel there in late Sept. and early October.

Thanks,

Steve Smith

Follow Ups

Post a Followup

Subject: Re: Ottati and Via P. Aquaro, Via B. Deodati
Comments:
With "Preview" you can see and, in case, edit your message before you "Post" it.