Di Martino from Pollutri & Giannone from Vasto

Posted by Jennifer Gorczyca on February 15, 2010 at 03:44:52:

Hello,
I am trying to research my family and would greatly appreciate any information provided. My great grandparents are from Pollutri. My great grandfather Filippo Di Martino came to America in April of 1909. My great grandmother Grazia Giannone, who came to America in September of 1912 with three children Antonio, Giovina, and Giuseppe Di Martino. On their passenger manifest through Ellis Island the closest relative remaining in Italy was listed as Grazia's father Giovanni. Filippo was killed in an accident on the New York Central Railroad in 1923, my grandfather was only an infant at the time. Any information would be useful. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Jennifer

Update from Forums' Editor

Since the civil records have been made available online at antenati.san.beniculturali.it/ it is now possible to ascertain that:
  • Filippo di Martino was born in Pollutri, 30 May 1878, of Panfilo 30 years old and Giovina D'Amario, no. 87, img 33
  • On the birth document, date of marriage is reported to Giannone Grazia: Vasto, 15 Nov 1903
  • Grazia Giannone, declared as 29 in the immigration manifest and as born in Pollutri, was actually born in Vasto, contrada Procini, 1883, Febr 16, of Giovanni 26 and Maria Di Gennari. Record no. 99, img 41. likewise, on the birth document, date of marriage is reported to Filippo Di Martino: Vasto, 15 Nov 1903

Follow Ups

Post a Followup

Subject: Re: Di Martino from Pollutri & Giannone from Vasto
Comments:
With "Preview" you can see and, in case, edit your message before you "Post" it.