Grandfather Zopito DiQuinzio from Penne
I'm searching for any information on my grandfather Zopito DiQuinzio born around 1890 in Penne. He married Erminia Costantini, probably from Penne and born in 1888. They had three children, Gino DiQuinzio (born in Penne), Gilda and Julio born in Harrison New York. Zupito emigrated to New York in 1903. His wife emigrated in 1916 with their then 4 year old son Gino. I am having difficulty finding any information about either of their parents. I believe that Zupito's father was named Antonio DiQuinzio based on a 1920s census notation.
Any assistance you could provide would be appreciated.
Update from Forums' Editor
- Comparing the post and the follow-up with census and Italian civil records, it appears that there were at least two Zopito Di Quinzio born in the 1880s in Penne
- In the 1940 US census two Zopito Di Quinzio are recorded. One lives in New York Westchester Harrison Town, is 56, a widower, in the family Gilda and Giulio both born in the States; the other lives at New Jersey Mercer Trenton City, is 53, his wife Christina is 40, two children Anthony 16 and Mary 19.
- The marriage Di Quinzio Zopito - Costantini Erminia was in 1910, act no. 48, img 50. Zopito was 31, son of Valentino and Angela Costantini; Erminia was 21, of Carmine and Pomponio Maria Palma
- Act of birth in Penne 1887, no. 212, img 143: Zopito Di Quinzio was born on 7 July 1887 of Antonio 46 years old and Fantini Maria Vincenza in contrada Roccafinadomo no. 11.
- Act of birth in Penne 1879, no. 220, img 153: 27 July, Zopito Di Quinzio of Valentino 27 and Angela Costantini in contrada Roccafinadomo no. 9
- The proximity of the address (one farmhouse apart) might* point to a possible relation between the fathers Antonio and Valentino.