Alberico-DeAngelis family from Caramanico

Posted by Sarah Carroll on May 04, 2010 at 16:36:15:

Hello - I am seeking information about my great-grandparents, Amadio Alberico and Carmela DeAngelis. They came from Caramanico, married sometime after 1900, and emigrated to Boston around 1901. He may have been a laborer and she from a higher-ranking family. As the story goes, their families disapproved of their marriage, so they didn't maintain contact with their families once they came to the U.S. I don't know anything about their parents or their families. If anyone knows if these two star-crossed lovers, please write.
Thank you and Grazie!

Update from Forums' Editor

Since the civil records have been made available online at antenati.san.beniculturali.it/ it is now possible to ascertain that:
  • The marriage Alberico Amadio - Donata Carmina De Angelis was no. 10 in 1907, img 13. He was 22, son of Benedetto and Maria d'Amore; she was 24, of Ludovico and Angela De Angelis.
  • At bottom of the document it is reported that, since the groom was not yet of age, the groom's parents gave their consent - but the act states he was 22, Italians came of age in the 19th century and until 1973 at 21 years old, unless it was so in the previous banns of marriage.

Follow Ups

Post a Followup

Subject: Re: Alberico-DeAngelis family from Caramanico
Comments:
With "Preview" you can see and, in case, edit your message before you "Post" it.