Iacobucci from San Valentino & DiFrancesco from Alanno

Posted by Laura (Buch) Russo on March 30, 2011 at 07:59:26:

Looking for my ancestors and any current family. My great-great-grandfather was Vito Iacobucci, born in San Valentino in 1888. Someone in the family thinks his mother's name was Elizabeth, but have not been able to verify. In 1908, he married Rosaria Di Francesco (DOB 11/29/1890) in Alanno, where they then lived. They had two sons, Giovanni (1911) and Giuseppe (1914), born in Alanno. Vito moved to Canton, Ohio in 1914 on SS Prinzess Irene. Rosaria and sons followed in 1915 on SS Patria.

The parents of Rosaria DiFrancesco (b.1890) were Raffaele DiFrancesco (abt 1870-1913) and Rubina DeSanto (abt 1875-1913). She had a sister, Rita (b. 1899), who came over with her and the boys in 1915. She also had two brothers Nicola (b. 1903), who came to Canton, Ohio in 1920; and Antonio (do not have had date of birth or date of immigration). Both brothers ended up in Rosbury/Boston, Mass. area. Antonio was married to a woman named Mary and had a son, Ralph. Nicola (Nick) was married to a woman named Christina. They had no children. Nick had the dress-making company in Boston. I guess Nick and Tony lived 2 houses apart in Boston.

Any and all information help would be greatly appreciated!

Follow Ups

Post a Followup

Subject: Re: Iacobucci from San Valentino & DiFrancesco from AlannoO
Comments:
With "Preview" you can see and, in case, edit your message before you "Post" it.