Mazzatenta in Collecorvino
I am looking for any information about the Mazzatenta family of Collecorvino. I am a descendant of Vincenzo James Mazzatenta (1866-1931) who immigrated to the USA and died in Baltimore, Maryland. His father was Antonio Mazzatenta (born about 1847).
Anyone with information please contact me.
Update from Forums' Editor
- *possible* Birth record Collecorvino: 1865, 17 Sep, no. 44, img. 29: Vincenzo Mazzatenta, of Antonio, 40 and Rosa Di Luca 33
- US 1930 census Baltimore MD: Mark Mazzatenta, 39 b. in Italy imm 1900; Josephine Mazzatenta 32; children: Lucrezia 13 b NY; New York; Annie 9 b. Virginia; Sarah 8 b. Virginia; Rosie 4 b. Virginia; Joseph 1 b. Maryland;
- Immigration manifest [(Ellis Island), 1892-1924 Roll 2749, vol 6398-6399, 9 Apr 1920-10 Apr 1920 ] Mazzatenta Vincenzo, 54, US citizen, passport Norfolk NJ, directed to NY
- (Ellis Island), 1892-1924 Roll 670, vol 1460-1462, 2 Mar 1906: Di Giampaolo Alessio, 26, directed to brother in law Mazzatenta Vincenzo, Philadelphia PA
- [(Ellis Island), 1892-1924 Roll 329, vol 573, 14 Mar 1903]: Di Giampaolo Alesio, directed to cousin Mazzatinto Vince Philadelphia
- Collecorvino births 12 Febr 1891, no.22, img.19: Achille Mazzatenta, of Antonio 25 of Vincenzo and Lucrezia Di Giampaolo - signature of Vincenzo
- Collecorvino marriages 1890, no.6, img.10: Mazzatenta Vincenzo 24 of Antonio, Rosa Di Luca; Di Giampaolo Lucrezia 21 of Battista, D'Attilio Maria - signature of Vincenzo
- Some other children of Achille Mazzatenta and Lucrezia Di Giampaolo: Amadia 18 Apr 1892, Annina 29 May 1895, Attilio Angelo Cipriano 02 Jan 1898, Amalia 09 Apr 1900.
- Collecorvino marriages 1903, no.2, img.: Di Giampaolo Alessio 23 of Battista, D'Attilio Maria Domenica; Palmucci Maria 23 of Zopito, Brigante Anna Domenica.
- Collecorvino death 9 July 1906, no.36, img.22: Antonio Mazzatenta, 84 of late Camillo, late Catani Maria, widower of Rosa Di Luca, address contrada Raieta 4
- (M1490) Passport Application 2, 1906 - March 31, 1925 Roll 990, 1919 Nov, certificate no 141500-141875, nov 1919: Vincenzo Mazzatenta b 17 sep 1865, residence Portsmouth Virginia, imm. from Genoa 9 Oct 1901, naturalized Oct 1919 - coming to Italy on family business on board La Veloce Italiana on Dec 1919 - signature, photograph; father Antonio
- *Possible Reconstruction*: Achille became "Mark" in the States. His first child was named Lucrezia as his mother. His father Vincenzo possibly moved from Philadelphia, to Norfolk New Jersey, to New York, to Maryland.
- Marriage certificate 04 Jul 1920 Portsmouth, Norfolk VA, Amelia Mezzatenta, father Vincent mother Lucrezia Mezzatenta; marries Pantalione Nespoli 28 of Nicola
- Death certificate 27 Sept 1949 Portsmouth, Norfolk VA, Amelia Mezzatenta b 9 April 1900, married to Pantalione Nespoli, father Vincent mother Lucrezia Mezzatenta
- United States Census, 1920 Virginia Portsmouth (Independent City) Madison Ward ED 160 - Mark Mazzalenta 27 imm 1903, Josephine wife, Lucrezia 5, Annie 2, Lucretia (Letitia) mother in law 55, Domenico father in law 53, Mary 19 sister in law, Arthur 12? brother in law; Nespoli Pantaleone boarder 20
- United States Census, 1930 Virginia Portsmouth (Independent City)ED 18. Pantalione Nespoli 31, imm 1909; Amelia 30 imm 1912